For the 2022-2023 academic year, many sections in the University of Chicago Department of Surgery are pleased to host virtual interview days. Aside from encouraging limited movement in the fight against COVID-19, these virtual interview days will save you time and money, without sacrificing time with our faculty or a sense of our programs.
To prepare for your virtual interview day, please download Zoom, the platform our faculty will be using to interview you. We encourage you to test out some Zoom meetings with friends or family beforehand to get comfortable with the software, and review the Zoom Help Center for any troubleshooting.
Below are some links that will help you familiarize yourself with our institution and our department before your interview day.
- Navigate back to our Training page to watch a video entitled, "Why UChicago Medicine"?
- Learn more about our wellness efforts for residents and fellows
- Watch a video about our GME office
- Check out a slideshow with more details about our medical center
- Access GME resources such as a sample contract, stipend information, and handbooks
- Take a virtual tour of our medical center
- Learn about Hyde Park and the city of Chicago
Our Education Team is here to serve you and ensure that your interview day is a success. You can learn more about our individual programs, their directors, and their coordinators by hovering over the "Training" menu item and clicking on each residency and fellowship.
We look forward to seeing you at your interview day!